28 May 2010 Leave a comment
28 May 2010 Leave a comment
Please join in the fun of this meme for Friday.
1. Chicken, pickles, potato salad, and watermelon is the best food to take on a picnic.
2. Summer felt like it was here on Wednesday (in the 90’s), is a time to enjoy simple pleasures, watch the garden grow-tomatoes, splash in the pool, eat watermelon, feel the grass beneath your feet.
3. I like to wear flip-flops.
4. To love someone is a joyful experience.
5. To walk going to a store from your house is not a good idea, because of the busy highway to cross, prefer to drive.
6. When I crave food it’s usually sour, like pickles or green olives with the pimento.
7. And as for the week-end, Today is my day off, both Saturday and Sunday ,I am working – grilling on the BBQ for dinner, but Monday is a Holiday and day off, thinking of going to the Tour De Somerville Bike races to watch.
24 May 2010 2 Comments
Good morning everyone, It’s the Blue Monday meme. One can post a photo or image with a little blue or a lot of blue, your favorite things, some scenery from a trip, anything that comes to your mind that you fancy. The host is http://smilingsally.blogspot.com
Please click on the above website to view the rest of the participants in Smiling Sally’s Blue Monday meme. Sally, still need to figure out how to copy and paste the Blue Monday button here.
18 May 2010 4 Comments
Hello world, it’s Tuesday and time to display some photos with a red colour theme and link up with www.theworkofthepoet.blogspot.com
Lunch out with friends on day off is a welcome refresher.
I just love to eat from a Bento Box. See the red color in side the partitions. The selection included Teriyaki chicken strips, vegetables, California roll. A soup was served prior to the Bento Box’s placed before me with chopsticks. I prefer to use the fork.
17 May 2010 2 Comments
Swiss Chalet Marinade , a Canadian recipe
Swiss Chalet Style Rotisserie Chicken Marinade
A Canadian friend buys this marinade and uses it for her BBQ chicken. Since this is the first time that I’ve heard of this marinade, I searched for a homemade version.
This recipe is from the website recipe zaar.
Recipe #415018 | 2¼ hours | 10 min prep
By: Pink Diamond
Mar 1, 2010
The creator of this recipe, called Pink Diamond had been playing with this spice combination for a while now and got it as close as she’s going to get it to the famous Canadian ”Swiss Chalet” rotisserie chicken.
Try it for yourself and enjoy !
SERVES 4 -6 , 1 whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons onion salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant tomato soup mix
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon savory
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Mix all ingredients together in plastic bag. Poke holes into a whole chicken. Place chicken in bag and let marinade at least 6 hours.
- Cook chicken in rotisserie oven at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, depending on weight of chicken.
Questions about this recipe
Comments are appreciated. Please write me a note and let me know how this chicken marinade came out at your house. Thanks for stopping by to visit. Have a wonderful day!
|Serving Size 1 (289g)Recipe makes 4 servingsThe following items or measurements are not included below:tomato soup mix|
|Calories from Fat 124||(85%)|
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Total Fat 13.8g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 1.8g||8%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.8g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 7.5g|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.5g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|
15 May 2010 Leave a comment
At the Kutztown Fair in 2006.
Dreaming of July!
13 May 2010 Leave a comment
MAY 13, 2010
Waking up earlier than I had planned or wanted to, I set out to add some photos to my other sites, in the Italian language for my friend Vivi in Rovigo, Italy and Calabria.
Yesterday, I noted that I had a Lithuanian visitor, and decided to add translation for one of my Lithuanian recipes posted here on my blog called “Lithuanian Koshie” and also asked for comments to the recipe.