Where can I find water purification tablets? I tried to search on-line for stores and without success.
Today, I will buy some items to donate for the Pakistan flood victims. For me, after reading the article about the lack of water, and the lose of their homes, the priority item is the anti-diarrheal over -the counter medications.
My local library in conjunction with the Islam Society of Central Jersey is accepting donations. The Islam Society’s building is very close to my home, less than a mile.
ISCJ is joining hands with the Central Jersey Community to respond to the Urgent needs of Flood victims in Pakistan. We are collecting basic necessity items to start supporting immediate relief efforts working in conjunction with the NGOs and Relief Organizations on the Ground.
LIST OF ITEMS TO BE COLLECTED:
1. Anti-diarrhea for Adults/Children (e.g. Imodium, Pepto Bismol, etc.) 2. Oral Rehydration (e.g. Pedialyte, etc.) 3. Pain Killers/Fever Reducers for Adults/Children (e.g. Generic Brands Aspirin, Tylenol, Advil, Motrin, etc.) 4. Antibiotic Ointments, Cuts/Bruise/Rash Creams/Lotions (e.g. Neosporin, etc.) 5.
First Aid Supplies
(Bandages, Gauze Pads, Medical adhesive tape, Butterfly bandages, Trauma Pads, Non-Latex Gloves
6. Insect repellent
7. Water Purification Tablets (PUR, ER, Quake Kare, Katadyn Products – available at Amazon and Wal-Mart – check for availability)
1. Energy Bars, Cereal Bars, Breakfast bars
2. Biscuits – small packs (Parley, Glucose, etc.)
3. Small packages of Pre-Packaged Dates
4. Instant Dry Whole Milk – Small Packs (Nestle, Nido, etc.)
5. Cereals (Various Brands with NO MARSHMALLOWS)
6. Ready to eat vegetable canned foods like Black beans, Garbanzo beans (must not require a can opener)
1. Diapers (Due to package sizes, please drop off on Saturday-September 18, 2010)
2. Feminine Products
3. Bottled Water (Due to weight/space, please drop off on Saturday-September 18, 2010)
Here is the ISCJ website: