BUTTERNUT SQUASH RECIPES
BUTTERNUT SQUASH CASSEROLE
This is similar to a sweet potato souffle with a custard-like texture.
Can be served with any meal that a sweet potato goes with.
1 Hr 15 Min
Original Recipe Yield 15 servings
* 1 butternut squash
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 1/2 cups milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 pinch salt
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 3 eggs
* 1/4 cup margarine, melted
* 1/2 (16 ounce) package vanilla wafers, crushed
* 1/2 cup margarine, melted
* 1 cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Put butternut squash in the microwave and cook on high, until soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Cut in half, scoop out seeds and cube. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add squash and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and mash.
3. In a 9×13 inch casserole dish combine 3 cups mashed butternut squash, white sugar, milk, vanilla extract, salt, flour, eggs and 1/4 cup melted margarine.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until set.
5. In a medium bowl combine crushed vanilla wafers, 1/2 cup melted margarine and brown sugar. Crumble over top of cooked casserole and return to oven to brown.
Nutritional Information open nutritional information
Amount Per Serving Calories: 320 | Total Fat: 13.5 g | Cholesterol: 44 mg